When you have left overs from your Brown Sugar Honey Glazed Pork Fillet this Egg Fried Rice recipe is a quick and easy way to re-purpose the dish and keep them coming back for more.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- ½ sweet onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 8 sweet peppers julienned
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- 1 cup cooked port fillet cubed
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Sauté onion and peppers adding garlic until fragrant.
- Add pork to warm through.
- Add cold rice and cook until the rice begins to dry out (browning slightly).
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce and sesame oil. Taste ... if it needs more saltiness add more fish sauce and more soy sauce until you have the desired flavor.
- Make a well in the middle of the pan and add the egg (as if you were to fry an egg) Once the egg begins to cook use chopsticks to scramble the egg and mix into the rice evenly.
- Garnish to taste, serve and enjoy!