The day has finally come, ladies and gentlemen. The ubiquitous Carrot Cake, the hallmark and trademark of the Doublestar galley, has a serious, serious contender.Presenting .... the Pineapple Coconut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Does it get more tropical island delectable than that?!
- 1½ cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 small can crushed coconut
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp cocnut oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, pineapple, coconut, vanilla essence, coconut oil and coconut milk. Mix with a fork until combined.In a small bowl mix the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add this to the wet ingredients, then mix the wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour into a square cake tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with cream cheese frosting and a sprinkle of coconut ?
One thought on “Pineapple Coconut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting”