What better way to celebrate ocean living than with the rich, creamy texture of a beautifully prepared risotto, balanced by the succulent crunch of the shrimp and the earth tones of the mushroom. Pair it with a delectable Pinot Grigio and it's truly a match made in heaven.
- 1 bunch asparagus cut in half
- 1 punnet mushrooms sliced
- ½ sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4-5 cups chicken stock
- 1 lbs frozen uncooked shrimp
- 1 cup Risotto rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, switch off the stove top and add defrosted shrimp for 1 MINUTE - <strong>no longer</strong>. Remove and run under cold water. Set aside.
- Blanch the asparagus for 2/3 minutes, they must still be firm.
- In a saucepan with a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter sauté the mushrooms until tender and golden, remove and set aside. Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and sauté the chopped onions and then add the crushed garlic. Add your rice to the pan mixing it with the onion and garlic mixture until the rice is coated with the oil. Add your wine to deglaze. On the stove top heat the stock .... KEEP IT WARM and add a ladle at a time to the rice making sure the rice absorbs the liquid before adding the next ladle of liquid. Keep adding liquid until the rice is cooked but still firm in the center (al dente).
- Add the cooked mushrooms, asparagus and shrimp till heated through. Add a cup of finely grated Parmesan cheese and add to mix the risotto.