This one is posted especially for Jan and Melanie, our Instagram friends on @sailing_tore! Sometimes you want more than a simple fresh bread. By adding some fresh herbs and cheese you transform the taste and combine the savory pop of the cheese with the satisfaction of biting into a steaming, hot, fresh slice of bread. The perfect way to reward your crew after a long day of boat projects!
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp fresh herb Your choice. For this I used cilantro and thyme. Use what you have!
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup grated cheese Use what you have. I used fontina on this occasion.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Mix chopped herbs and olive oil in a small bowl. In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs and garlic.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients, herbs and shredded cheese into the well.
- Hand mix until combined.
- Pour into loaf tin and baked for 35-45 minutes.