This is a staple for any galley. Quick, easy and delicious. You can’t go wrong!
- 10 sheets phyllo pastry
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- Gruyere cheese cut into blocks, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- melted butter to brush the sheets as you line the pie plate
Optional ingredients for the filling, but don't overfill!
- Line a pie plate with the layers of pastry remembering to brush the butter after each application.
- Bake at 400°F until cooked.
- Add the cubed cheese to the pie.
- Mix the eggs, both creams and the salt and pepper and pour over the cheese.
- Bake at 380°F until set in the middle - do not overcook the egg mixture.
- You can add thinly sliced tomatoes to the top of the quiche once baked and put it back in the oven until the tomatoes look cooked through